Energy From Thorium Discussion Forum

It is currently Feb 20, 2018 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2015 1:01 pm 

SteveK9 wrote:
It starts with individuals and then organizations. I'd have to look it up (lazy again) but there are environmental groups considering, if not changing their position on nuclear power.

So, of course there are counter examples ... I'm not too fond of the leaders of Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace or the Sierra Club (which has really strayed from its origins). And, there are companies doing a lot of good in the World (while making money).

Lastly, there are individuals like Helen Caldecott, or Robert Alvarez, who are truly despicable fear mongers (they really are in the 'business' of selling fear ... and they make a profit at it).

I'm not so optimistic. Those groups are the big hitters, and they're firmly anti-nuclear. Similarly those individuals are examples of the heavy screamers, chicken little "the sky is falling" that continue to poison at the same if not an increased rate as before.

My view is it is still the same field of play. The major enviro groups aren't interested in the environment at all (environment is a field of science, all they do is dogma and nature is indifferent to dogma). The screaming individuals are still screaming. It is all very much the situation it was 20 years ago.