Post subject: LeadCold SEALER
PostPosted: Feb 01, 2017 10:17 am 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rodadams/20 ... 5f3fef3a31

Post subject: Re: LeadCold SEALER
PostPosted: Sep 05, 2018 7:44 pm 

https://www.nrg.eu/about-nrg/news-press ... ab0c5d61b1

Post subject: Re: LeadCold SEALER
PostPosted: Sep 06, 2018 1:05 am 

Is it just me or has there been a lot of news on molten metal cooled fast breeders? Not all the news was good but not all bad either. SEALER looks like just another variation on the theme.

Here's something else that seems to keep popping up...
Quote:
Unfortunately, the U.S. NRC has not yet implemented an acceptable process for reviewing nuclear reactor designs that use coolants other than water.

I'd like to see an effort to do something about that. Seems like Congress can't even do routine matters any more, like creating a budget and appointing judges & justices to the federal courts. I've said this before and I'll say it again, it's about time for the states to exercise some of their authority over the federal government. I've read some history books and the federal government will pay attention when the states start going their own way and doing their own thing. I don't know how much leverage the states really have on matters concerning nuclear power but I'm guessing that fiascos like Yucca Mountain show they can do quite a bit. If this kind of state level effort to block nuclear power could be turned into state support of nuclear power then I'm thinking nuclear power research could move far more quickly in the USA.

I wish LeadCold success no matter where they choose to do business. I just wish they'd do some of that in the USA.