Energy From Thorium Discussion Forum

It is currently Aug 19, 2018 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2015 11:30 am 

Hello forum, new member here.
I stumbled upon thorium a few years ago through one of Gordon Mcdowell's videos and had since forgotten about it until yesterday. Once re-introduced to the topic, my interest in it sparked and I wanted to gather as much information as I could about this possible energy source. I am so incredibly supportive towards the development of LFTR in America and I want to do what I can to help it gain traction. That being said, the one thing preventing support of thorium, in my opinion, is advertisement. With a simple google search of the word "thorium", you would be hard pressed not to delve into the topic of its remarkable use as an energy source. What needs to be done, though, is to introduce thorium to the general public. As a student at the University of Oklahoma, I know that most of my colleagues have probably never heard of the word "thorium." So advertisement would be key. Now I know that I can't rent a billboard and start informing the public about it, mostly because it's not in my budget, but I can advertise it in another great way. I'm a self taught graphic designer and when I started realizing that I wanted to help advertise a push toward making thorium a known name for energy, I decided the most appropriate action to take would be to design a shirt that would introduce thorium to the world around me. This seems incredibly effective for me, considering I attend a university that currently enrolls over 30 thousand students. So here is my attempt to help publicize thorium and make it known more to the general public. My shirt can be purchased at http://www.teespring.com/thorium. I lowered the price as low as I feasibly could, and every shirt can be purchased and shipped to your door for less than $20. So go ahead and check it out and, if you like the concept, reserve one of your shirts today.
Thank you!

Attachments:
Thorium Shirt.png
Thorium Shirt.png [ 356.1 KiB | Viewed 1939 times ]

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2015 11:05 pm 

Excellent idea. I'm not a big fan of t-shirts but I might be convinced to buy a hat, mug, button, or something. I'd like something to get people to ask me about thorium, just not a t-shirt. I don't have much opportunity to wear t-shirts as an engineer or as an Iowa resident.

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2015 6:38 pm 

I can completely understand that. The shirts will be the only offered way I could do promotion, only because it's free for me to do it and I am the textbook definition of a broke college student. But if this were to gain a little bit of traction, I wouldn't be opposed to approaching other media.

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2015 4:10 pm 

we must promote thorium, but not just thorium but nuclear at large

check out this facebook page promoting nuclear

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Refutati ... 623?ref=hl

we should pummel the anti nuclear movement into the ground by making them look stupid in the eyes of those who dont have yet an opinion on nuclear.